Don’t forget to get yourself a little something extra this year. Pleasure is power after the year from hell so we’ve partnered with Le Wand to send you off with a literal and figurative bang. One lucky winner will take home two super sexy Le Wand stainless steel toys and our infamous CBG Sex Oil and Golden Glitter Bath Soak.
Words by Danielle Simpson-Baker
It’s no secret that sex and cannabis have been combined for centuries (and across the globe) to enhance sexual wellness. Both research and anecdotal history prove that combining sex and cannabis can heighten sexual pleasure, spark creativity, and even promote bonding between partners.
But what do we know about how this famous combo can enhance self-pleasure? When it comes to self-pleasure rituals, cannabis can play as big a role as you allow it to. Many people find sexual pleasure enhancement from smoking or taking edibles, but there are plenty of infused oils and lubes on the market that are aimed at making masturbation and exploration that much more enjoyable. If you’ve done your research, you’ve probably heard about the cannabinoid THC and how it can increase euphoria and feelings of pleasure, but let’s talk about some other cannabinoids and how they too can improve sexual and self-pleasure.
One of the most researched cannabinoids aside from THC, cannabidiol (or CBD) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid known for its pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties. Research also shows CBD to be an effective anti-psychotic compound. When isolated, CBD can be great for sex because it can decrease pain and relax muscles, which ultimately opens the pathways to more pleasure during sex.
Regarded as the “mother” of all cannabinoids, cannabigerol (or CBG) is a lesser known, yet highly effective, cannabinoid. It’s also been called the “Rolls Royce of cannabis” because it is so expensive to isolate, since it occurs in the cannabis plant in very small quantities. CBG is best known for boosting dopamine and countering the effects of THC, also making it a non-psychoactive cannabinoid. CBG has also been found to boost anandamide, the body’s natural ‘bliss’ molecule, making it ideal for enhancing pleasure.
Oshihana’s CBD+CBG Sex Oil combines these two cannabinoids with a cocktail of natural oils to bring you an organic sexual enhancement lubricant that has been shown to relax the body and increase pleasure. Because Oshihana’s Sex Oil is made up of all-natural oils, it is imperative to know which sex toy materials will work best with it. When it comes to self-pleasure, knowing this information will help you keep your body safe when you’re having a good time. Since coconut oil is on the list of ingredients, Oshihana’s oil would be most compatible with 100% silicone, glass,and stainless steel toys for a few reasons:x
- These materials are non-porous, meaning they won’t harbor bacteria
- Oil won’t degrade these materials, meaning your toys will last longer
- Using steel, glass or silicone with natural oil lubes will ensure the safest play for your body because harmful materials aren’t being introduced to your body through degradation
Either way, you want to make sure you always clean your toys before and after each use to make sure you’re playing as safely as possible! And remember, natural oils degrade latex and polyisoprene so if you’re using a condom make sure to check what material it’s made of before combining it with the Sex Oil.
Finally, how can you introduce Oshihana’s CBD+CBG Sex Oil into your self-pleasure ritual? Check out these tips whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned self-pleasurer:
- Rub the oil into your clitoris, vulva, or anus and explore without toys to find out what kind of sensations the oil brings you. Find out how much you need to enhance your pleasure!
- Choose your favorite toy of a compatible material and incorporate it into your play. Some stainless steel toys are designed specifically for penetration or g-spot stimulation. Switch it up!
- Using the oil for added pleasure, experiment with a g-spot toy and your hand (or another toy if you’re more advanced) for clit stimulation.